Our Favourite Inspiring Investing Quotes
Have you been on Instagram lately? If not, you should be - at the very least to check out our fabulous feed. If you have, you may have noticed the infectious trend for inspirational quotes. From Monday Motivation to Wednesday Wisdom, it may feel like the social media world has gone a little quote mad. There’s good reason for this obsession, though - a well-crafted quote can shed light on what may be a normally tedious topic. They can also serve as fantastic tools for motivation. And since we’re all about finding ways to get you motivated to invest asap, we thought we’d compile our very favourites quotes about investing. Enjoy!
- Investors should purchase stocks like they purchase groceries, not like they purchase perfume. – Ben Graham
In other words - it may not always be wise to follow fickle trends. Groceries will be groceries, while perfume goes in and out of fashion.
- The key to making money in stocks is not to get scared out of them. – Peter Lynch
You have to be prepared to see your investments drop before they pick up again. Those that can keep a cool head throughout are most likely to have the most success with their investments.
- Wall Street makes its money on activity, you make your money on inactivity. – Warren Buffett
Again, passivity is key. Trying to time and ‘outplay’ the market doesn’t make you a wise investor - it puts your money at risk.
- The aim is to make money, not to be right. - Ned Davis
It’s a good idea to put your personal convictions and emotions aside when investing. Whether you predicted Brexit or Trump to be amazing or disastrous for the stock market is completely irrelevant, as long as your money continues to work hard for you.
- To be an investor you must be a believer in a better tomorrow. - Benjamin Graham
Have faith that things will smooth themselves over, even when there are lulls.
- How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? - Robert G Allen
Exactly. Sure, it’s the ‘safe’ option, but if you really want to generate a decent return on investment, investing in stocks and shares is the way forward. Please note that there are no guarantees, and you could lose your money.
Credit image: unsplash / NeONBRAND.